HOME     PROJECTS     STORIES     PHOTO WIZARD     ABOUT     WEBSITE

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

11 Days to Swiss Days!

A couple of weeks ago, I had one of those Reese's Chocolate and Peanut Butter moments. Last year we started having fun with these thin wooden plates that make the most perfect backdrop for pictures! Maybe you'll remember the ornaments that I shared at Christmas time...


We also used them for a Valentine project that we did at a local store...

For Swiss Days, we decided to make up a few ornaments using the same definitions that we used on our pillow projects...

So what was the Chocolate and Peanut Butter moment? I have cherished old recipes of my hubby's grandmother. I never knew quite what to do with them. There I sat in my kitchen one day when the light went on! Why not feature these fabulous family heirlooms on these versatile wooden placards? Suni dug out a couple of her grandmother's recipes and we now have enough ornaments to do a whole cooking themed tree this holiday. I want to find the recipe that my mother used for making our gingerbread cookies. Wouldn't that be fun to have a tree filled with recipes and cookies?

We created a fun paper backing to our project. (Be sure to print it using a laser printer as ink jets can smear when they get wet.) We added a name and picture to remind us of family. You can use this free down-loadable .PDF to create your own family memory!


2 comments:

Shannon Ireland said...

I love this. What a great idea!

B's Mommy said...

YOU have been working hard! I can't wait to ShoP at your booth!! SWISS DAYS here WE Come!!
Beautiful ideas! LoVe Stories by Me!